Best External Hard Drive Reviews – Seagate STAA500105
The Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 portable external hard drive uses the super-fast USB 3.0 port to provide great speed for data transfer. With the Seagate Expansion hard drive, the option to return to a slower USB 2.0 connectivity solution is still feasible. Weighing 0.35 lbs or 0.69lbs and having dimensions of 3.2” x 5.4” x 0.7” or 3.2” x 5.8” x 1.06” depending on capacity, a variety of capacity options are available (250 GB, 320 GB, 500 GB, 750 GB, 1 TB and 1.5 TB). Colors may vary
With the Seagate USB 3.0 hard drive, the 1.5 TB capacity option can provide almost 25,000 hours of digital music storage, 480,000 files for digital photos, 362 2-hour DVD movies and up to 1,500 video hours.
- Drag and drop file management
- Internal power management
- Easy, no fuss installation
- Ease of File Backup – File backup and storage is as easy or simple as dragging and dropping the required files. No complicated file backup or storage process
- Connectivity – USB 3.0 provides a fast data transfer option. If you prefer a slower connection for data transfer, the Seagate Expansion hard drive allows USB 2.0 connectivity as well
- Setup – It is easy to setup and use the hard drive. With plug and play technology, the hard drive is detected by the computer and continues its own setup without needing any assistance from the user. All you need to do is connect the USB cable to the computer and to the hard drive
- Power Management – Internal power management occurs as the drive is being used. This ensures that energy to the drive is being used efficiently and this also generates energy cost savings
- Power Source – No separate power supply source is required for the hard drive. The USB cable is all that is needed to provide power for the device
- Noise – The Seagate Expansion USN 3.0 external hard drive operates quietly which is quite beneficial when the device is used for long periods of time. However, users need to beware of the hard drive getting hot after being used for a long time
The Seagate external hard drives provide instant storage options for all types of applications, files and various types of data. There are many options available in terms of capacity and space available. This enables the user to easily transfer files and carry these files around as needed. Designed for portability, the Seagate Expansion hard drive is sleek and slim. There are no bulk and no setup issues. Simply plug, play and continue using the device as required.
When an operating system is able to recognize a device, it makes the experience of using the device even more enjoyable. Hence, those who purchase Seagate Expansion portable hard drives can simply focus on which files need to be transferred to the hard drive. The Seagate brand is well known for the design of hard drives and including USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 compatibility within the products provides more options for the user. Best price here